Last updated on July 2nd, 2020
One Nation One Ration Card Online | Apply For One Nation One Ration Card Scheme Online
ONORC Means One Nation One Ration Card
Under the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme, poor people of any region will be able to get ration from the PDS ration shop from any state of the country through their existing ration card. Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution announced the new scheme for people of India.
One Nation One Ration Card 2020 will provide relief to every poor or migrant citizen of the country. All the BPL families will benefit significantly from the introduction of this scheme.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
This scheme started as a pilot project in two cluster states Andhra Pradesh – Telangana and Maharashtra – Gujarat. People of Andhra Pradesh can now get the ration in Telangana and poor people of Telangana can get food essentials from any PDS ration shop in AP state. Similarly, the migrant workers of Maharashtra who work in Gujarat can take ration from their existing ration card.
In this article, we will share all the information about the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme 2020. Read the complete article to know more about this scheme.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme 2020
The Ministry of Consumer Affairs has said that there will be a national wide implementation of this scheme on June 1, 2020. He mentioned that the facility of POS machines for ration cards launched in 14 states. If a person migrates from one state to another, they can avail their share of ration from any PDS ration shop in the new state.
To implement this scheme, all PDS shops need to install POS machines. In June 2019, the central government asking all the states and union territories to start this One Nation One Ration Card Scheme within one year.
Supreme Court Intervention On Implementation Of The Scheme
The Supreme Court asks the union government to consider implementing the scheme of ‘one nation one ration card scheme’ at the earliest. The migrant workers could get food grains at a discounted price during Coronavisrus lockdown in the country.
Rumors On The Scheme
There were rumors that issuance of a new ration card in the new scheme, but the Food Minister categorically rejected the claim and said that some people are spreading confusion. After the implementation of the One Nation One Card Scheme, beneficiaries have to apply for the new ration card.
Why This Scheme Is Most Important
National govt is creating a central data repository to get all the details of ration cards, which are currently maintained by the states so that the repository acts as a clearinghouse to do the cross-checking based on authentication. This scheme ensures that there is no corruption or duplication of benefits that are will be passing on to the beneficiaries.
Scheme Implementation Costs
The national food security act costs more than 1 lakh crore per year. Yes, it is costly, but it is highly needed. We have to ensure that the subsidized food grains ultimately go to the person or the family that is entitled to it and if the entitled family can get it from state to state wherever the family moves which is a great boon
ONORC Covid Update
- As on 01/01/2020, 17 states integrated with PDS. The rest of the country will be included in this scheme in June this year.
- The linking of Aadhaar details with ration cards and installing point-of-sale machines at PDS shops are essential to ration card portability effectively. This scheme would benefit 600 million beneficiaries of the 810 million covered under the National Food Security Act.
- The One Nation One Ration Card Scheme will be a big boon for the migrant workers of all states, who will get subsidized food from anywhere in the country.
- It is particularly helpful in Covid like situations as migrant workers cannot survive without jobs.
- Due to the pandemic situation, the central government asked different states to issue provisional ration cards for migrants.
- State governments will now collect the location, number of migrants, clusters, and food requirements on an urgent basis.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme 2020 Objective
- After the implementation of this scheme, if a person moves from one place to another, they will not have any problem getting subsidized ration.
- This change will also eliminate the possibility of having more than one card.
- One Country One Ration Card Scheme aims to help prevent fake ration cards and prevent corruption in the country.
- Integrated management of the PDS system is going on at a rapid pace in many states.
- The government can save food grains by preventing fraud by some ration dealers.
- The migrant laborers will have complete food security after the implementation of This one nation one ration card scheme.
- The union Government wants to start this scheme in different states at the same time so that most of the eligible citizens of the country can take advantage of it.
Key facts of One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
|Name of scheme||One Nation One Ration Card Scheme|
|Launched by||Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution|
|Objective||To make ration available for every beneficiary in any state within the country|
|Beneficiary||All Migrant workers who work in different states|
|Nodal Agency||Food Corporation of India|
The Scheme Implementation In States
Eleven states in the country are linking the ration cards with Aadhaar numbers. The ration allocation in these states is through the point of sale. The Department of Food and Public Distribution is working to promote this scheme across the country.
This scheme implemented in some southern states like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, and Kerala. The western Indian states, like Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Rajasthan also implemented this scheme. Northern states like Haryana, Jharkhand, Punjab, and Tripura started this scheme on January 1, 2020.
Benefits of One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- Firstly, any family in the country can benefit from this scheme from June 1st, 2020.
- People who move from one state to another in search of employment get benefit from one nation one ration card scheme.
- Every eligible beneficiary can buy food grains from any PDS shop in the country with transparency and ease.
- One Nation One Card scheme will not have any new card for beneficiaries.
- All Migrant workers are eligible subsidized food grains in any part of the country through the old ration card only.
- Finally, the union government has clarified that even after the New Ration Card Scheme implementation, there will be a continuation of the old ration card.
Apply For One Nation One Ration Card Scheme 2020
- Firstly, no ration cardholders required to apply for a new ration card under this scheme again.
- All the states will have to verify and link the ration card of the beneficiaries with the Aadhaar.
- The database of all beneficiaries will be integrated with the PDS so that there will be no problem of denying the ration.
- No migrant worker should be in the depriving of subsidized ration in any state of the country.
- Under this scheme, any state will be able to buy ration at lower prices from ration shops in any other state.
- Poor moving from one place to another due to employment or other reasons should not be denying the subsidized ration.
- Finally, the government hopes that this will prevent corruption.
PM Assures Corruption Free PDS System
Prime Minister’s address to the nation about technology-driven public distribution systems transparently to help citizens of this country. To benefit migrant workers, the government is coming up with national portability of the Ration cards. From now on, ration cards are portable in any ration shops in any part of the country. If there is a ration card holder today in Bihar or Karnataka tomorrow, a person moves to Rajasthan and can take his food ration from any public distribution shop in that state.
The Scheme Coverage In The Country
So national portability, which is now called one nation one ration card, will be implemented. By August 2020, 67 crore beneficiaries in 23 states are covered, which is 83% of all the PDS population. By automation of FPS, we assured a 100% coverage of the national portability of these cards by March 2021 in all the states and union territories.
No Revision Of Food Grain Rates After The Scheme Implementation
The beneficiaries who have to lift their food grains will continue to pay the same issue prices that are mandated and fixed under the national food security act, so there are no issues regarding rates under the portability scheme
Usage Of The Scheme In States
An average of 8 to 10 percent of all the transactions within these intrastate portability states is happening on an interchangeable basis between Fair price shops. The numbers will go up as a when migrants pick up within the country.
ONOC Scheme Impact on Malnutrition
If you buy food grains this day in the Fair Price Shops, if I have to pay less, so therefore if my income outgo is less on the food grains because of this scheme, I eat better, I eat more, and my family will eat more. Therefore, the malnutrition levels will go down it is good for the nourishment of children and the whole family, so you take on the elimination of hunger
Integration Of Entire Supply Chain
We need to keep track of the inventory that is being received and distributed from the depots so that it would help us to integrate the entire supply chain of the PDS beginning from the delivery of food grains to the state agencies. But the delivery to the beneficiary finally is the main objective of the government.
The entire supply chain integrating with the help of Technology from the depots which have stocks and distribution activities is the only logical thing to ensure that we have a complete blueprint of the transaction system
Suggestions On The Scheme
This one nation one card this card should also include access to health access, which will be a perfect thing
The extent of coverage of the population or the quantum of food grain supplied to these target groups is concerned there is no shortfall or deficiency of it. The government said that it has enough food stocks in the country, so from the supply side as well as the targeting side they have not left any stone unturned and fully geared to meet future challenges
How to apply for one nation one ration card?
There is no need to apply for new ration card under one nation one ration card scheme
Why is one nation one ration card required?
With one nation one ration card, migrant workers can get subsidized ration in any corner of the country with their existing ration card
Which states have launched One nation one ration card?
Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, and Kerala, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Haryana, Jharkhand, Punjab, and Tripura
What is one nation one ration card in UPSC exam?
UPSC may ask questions on one nation one ration card, so read the complete article to know more about it